MNP SB12 Solar Powered Pond Pump Backup Battery
- Free shipping 48 states.
- My Natural Pond recognizes the need to have solar pumps continue running when there is limited or no sun. Providing this facility for our powerful range of solar pumps demands some trade-offs to keep the costs reasonable and the performance acceptable. The MNP SB12 meets this need by lowering the pump speed and max head of the solar pumps it works with but in return for this performance degradation the battery can provide many hours of continuous running after the sun goes down.
- This multi-function solar battery station is used to store solar energy for day and night use and is designed for powering solar pumps, lights and other 12V devices.
- The input power should be from one or more of our solar panels or any DC power supply with an output voltage of 18V.
- There are three 12V output ports for one of our solar submersible pumps, a light and one on the back with a terminal interface is for any 12V third-party device.
- The battery station has built-in functions of over-charging and over-discharging protection. The input has over-current protection and reverse-polarity protection. The outputs have overload protection and short-circuit protection.
- There are six LED indicators showing the status of SYSTEM and CHARGING, currently activated selected output mode and on/off state of LIGHT output.
For those times you wish to run your pump at its 18V rated power and max head connect the panels directly to the pump bypassing the battery.
No Battery With Battery
Flow GPH Max Head Flow GPH
SP50 Waterfall Pump
898 10 660
SP100 Waterfall Pump
1268 10 1004
SF70 Fountain Pump
898 10 660
SF100 Fountain Pump 1268 10 1004
- Pease take note of the reduced max. head for all our pumps using this battery. This may have a significant impact running a waterfall. The height of a fountain will likely be reduced by 33%.The battery has three modes “Solar”, “Battery” and “Timer”. Pressing the start/stop button moves the three modes through these three choices.
In Battery mode the pump is connected directly to the battery and the battery is always powering the pump and the solar panels are charging the battery. After the sun goes down the battery will continue running the pump for the total time identified below.
Battery Operational Hours
On the morning of a sunny day if the battery has little or no charge it may take more than two hours to charge the battery sufficiently for it to run the pump for the hours stated above. As an example, the SP50 waterfall pump may start running around 10:00 am and continue running until 11:00 pm. All times are based on a sunny summer day.
The SBB12-24E battery can also work in “solar mode”. This is only used to charge the battery for a future event perhaps a party in a few days when it may be cloudy. In Solar Mode the solar panels will first get the battery sufficiently charged and then operate the pump directly and any surplus energy from the panels keeps the battery being fully charged. When needed the battery can be used to run the pump for the number of hours in the table below.
|Solar Mode Hours|
In Timer mode the pump can be set to run for four hours every day at the time you first select provided the battery is sufficiently charged. Perhaps you only wish to use the pump from 4 pm then setting the timer at this time will result in the pump running at this time for up to four hours depending on how sunny it has been.
Running other devices
This battery has two further output options. One can support a device like LED lights at 12V and the other any other device requiring 12V. If using lights and the pump the lights will only operate when the panels are in darkness.
Please refer to the instructions for more information about using battery.
|Lead acid battery||12 V, 24 Ah|
|Charging voltage, current and power||DC 18 V, Maximum charging current: 4A, |
Maximum input power: 150 W
|Output pump||DC 12 V, Maximum output power: 48 W|
|Output light||DC 12 V, Maximum output power: 12 W|
|Universal Output||DC 12 V, Maximum output power: 12 W|
|Size||255 x 255 x 205 mm|
|Extension cable length||5m|
|Net weight||9.3 KGS|
- Feel free call us 855-723-3564 for more information to ensure this fits your needs.